The Travel Times feature,
available by clicking on the Travel Times menu item, gives
drivers at-a-glance distances (in miles) and estimated travel times of certain trips.
The system also displays related events, cameras, and maps for these trips. Please
note that these travel times are freeway specific and may not represent the
entire planned trip (including travel along surface streets).
From the Travel Times menu, choose a set of trips by selecting one of the available trip sets from the drop down menu. Each trip includes the name of the route, the distance, and the current estimated travel time. Travel time text will appear in different colors, corresponding to the current congestion level of the trip. For more information on congestion level colors, please see “How are the different congestion levels shown in the Traffic Congestion layer translated into speeds?” in the Website FAQs.
Next to the estimated travel time, an indicator showing whether the current travel time is increasing, decreasing, or is stable will be visible if the information is currently available.
Additionally, icons allow you to view a map of the route and cameras on that route. If any event information is available, an icon will appear to display that information.
- - If visible, select this icon to see more information about the events along this trip.
- - Select this icon to see images from cameras along this trip.
- - Select this icon to see a map of the route for this trip.
- - Indicates the travel time for this trip is trending up.
- - Indicates the travel time for this trip is holding steady.
- - Indicates the travel time for this trip is trending down.